Sunday, March 11, 2007

C'est Parfait !

In this happy valley, I am surrounded by multitudes of other 18-20-somethings that appear to share a common feeling of ambivalence. After long hours of dazed coffee-shop observation, I have decisively concluded that I am not alone in my quest for self-discernment. It is my opinion that one can not direct themselves in any which way if they can't at least imagine some sort of goal or situation that would please them. Well, as of Sunday, March 11, 2007, I have gained the ability to chronicle my perfect day. le sigh.

12:15 p.m.


I smile, yawn and stretch as I awake to beautiful sunshine and blue skies sifting in through my off-white draperies. In the corner of my decoratively cluttered and haphazard room I see my effortlessly healthy umbrella palm move slightly in the warm breeze that is passing through the room.
I put on my light linen robe and step out onto my balcony overlooking a beautiful viridian canopy. I pour myself a cup of jasmine green tea and sink into my perfectly worn-in chair.


1:30 p.m.


I dress and stroll out onto my front patio where my light blue helmet is resting on the table.

I put it under my arm and set off to meet my best friend, Ashley Paul, who is waiting patiently at our favorite cafe.

I have another cup of tea; this time I opt for Earl Grey with a tea-spoon of sugar. We discuss the ills and misfortunes of society, including Grigory Rasputin's undeserved reputation, the lack of tawdry historical fiction in bookshelves around the country, and, of course,hippies.


3:00 p.m.

Between the after-lunch break and 11:00 p.m., I complete 40 pages of my future best-selling autobiography, which is later turned into a video that plays on VH1: Movies that Rock
After pulling my new work out of my trusty old Underwood,we hit up the discotheques around the block.


4:45 a.m.

The epic dance moves look like they will never come to an end...until a wild candy raver pulls the fire alarm. We turn in at 5:00 a.m. and slip into a state of legendary unconsciousness.

Twas the perfect day, indeed.

No comments: